Charity of Choice

Cycle for Unity (CFU) brings participants face-to-face with the complex communal needs present within the Jewish world (and the world at large) and encourages impassioned participation in the philanthropic process.

When participating in any CFU activity (whether a program or ride), riders are required to raise funds for a charitable organization or cause of their choice.  All contributions must be directed through CFU and grants are appropriated to the organizational beneficiaries at the conclusion of each program/ride.

During the training and preparation period prior to each program/ride, Cycle for Unity provides each rider with a personal fundraising and social networking  page that will help them solicit pledges from friends and family.

Riders can choose their charity from our pre-approved list of organizational beneficiaries.  ANY legitimate charity or cause can be easily added to the list.

CFU Fundraising Model and  Requirements:

Fundraising requirements for each rider depend upon the size of the group and the length of each ride.  The range runs from $180-360 (for a one-day ride) to $6,000 (for multi-day CFU signature events).

75% (after processing fees and incentives) of the first $3,000 raised by each rider on a CFU program will be earmarked for the organization they choose to support.  The remaining 25% is allocated to Cycle for Unity.  If a participant raises more than $3,000, 80% (after processing fees and incentives) of the funds beyond the $3,000 mark will be earmarked for the organization, and 20% will be allocated to CFU. If any rider raise over $20,000, 85% (after processing fees and incentives) of the funds beyond the $20,000 mark will be earmarked for the organization, and 15% will be allocated to CFU.

For a one day ride, approximately 75% (after processing fees and expenses) of the first $180 raised by each rider will be earmarked for the organization they chose to support.  The remaining 25% will be allocated to Cycle for Unity.

Please note that according to IRS rules, amounts raised for your charity can not be applied to cover program cost, airfare or any other portion of program.

Organizational Beneficiaries