Cycle For Unity invites you to challenge yourself for the charity of your choice — and we’ll reward you with a gourmet and deluxe Death Valley Cycling experience!
February 26-March 2, 2017!
Cycle for charity of your choice through Death Valley! You choose the cause, we create the experience!
Imagine biking in Death Valley for the Tzedaka of your choice on a fully supported and deluxe gourmet kosher tour!
Death Valley’s wide byways travel far above and even below sea level, delving into the heart of the American West’s extraordinary Basin and Range country. Wildlife and wildflowers animate the spaces between salt spires and sand dunes and when the searing desert sun drops below the jagged horizon, the night sky sparks our sense of wonder with its bedazzling display of stars. Spin your wheels while this strange land spins its tales and let nature speak for itself; Death Valley’s Panamint and Black Mountains, alluvial fans, Death Valley salt pan, Badwater (lowest point in North America) Golden Canyon, Gower Gulch, Devil’s Golf Course, Natural Bridge Canyon is a fantastic Cycling destination and escape.
After a challenging day in the saddle, relax and enjoy a gourmet culinary extravaganza under the stars prepared by award winning Chef Sruli Subar!— CFU provides our Kosher bikers with an exceptional culinary experience.
Explore Scotty’s famous castle, Stovepipe Wells Village, Panamint and Tecopa Hot Springs the Amargosa Valley and much more!
CFU tours are designed to be a unique combination of fitness, philanthropy and gastronomic delight – an experience of a lifetime!
Touring with Cycle for Unity furnishes our charitable champions with an unforgettable and stress-free travel experience. CFU provides:
- Premium accommodations
- World-class cycle selection
- Deluxe gourmet cuisine prepared by award winning chef
- Fine kosher wines
- Expert & knowledgeable tour guides
- Fully supported (escort vehicle and expert mechanics)
- All entrance fees
- Group transfers
- Complimentary gear (CFU cycling jersey, t-shirt, and sweat band)
This is a signature CFU Biking Adventure! Expertly guided, small groups, great food, premium hotels, and awesome causes.
Level: Active Rider (if you get tired along the way, an escort vehicle is available at all times)
Space is limited
Price: TBA based on double occupancy (room share)
Recruitment Incentive: PLEASE NOTE: If more 16 or more riders register, the program cost will be reduced by $180 per person so bring your friends!!!
Registration Deadline: December 1, 2016
Sunday 26th: ARRIVE IN LAS VEGAS – Participants arrive in Las Vegas! CFU will provide airport pick-up and transfer to Death Valley. After our group transfer to the “Jewel of Death Vally”, we’ll have a chance to check into our rooms and rest. After a short rest, and depending upon your arrival time, we’ll meet for bike fittings and your first gourmet welcome dinner! You’ll have your choice of excellent Treck hybrid bikes with excellent components. Upgrades are available upon request and for an additional fee. For your comfort, we recommended only to bring your saddle and pedals.
Monday 27th: Ride from Scotty’s Castle to Stovepipe Wells – We explore the famously quirky Scotty’s Castle. This unfinished 25 room villa is a creation of the imaginations of two classic characters from the 1920’s. Take note of the wild stories of the swindler known as “Death Valley Scotty” and his wealthy friend, Mr. Johnson who constructed Death Valley Ranch for his wife. Our ride today is from Scotty’s Castle to Stovepipe wells, where we will catch spectacular views of the salt flats and sand dunes of the valley as we drop nearly 3,000′ in elevation. Approximate: 69 kilometers (43 miles)
Tuesday 28th: Ride From Stovepipewells To Panamint Springs – The small, rustic, western-style Panamint Valley in Death Valley enjoy Marvelous views of distant sand dunes and the soaring 11,000 foot high Panamint Mountains. After a strong ride, we’ll take a break to enjoy over 100 different beers available to quench a Death Valley thirst! Approximate: 49 kilometers (30.5 miles)
Wednesday March 1st: To Tecopa Hot Springs – Hidden in the seldom-explored reaches of the Mojave Desert lies a desert oasis world renowned for its peaceful atmosphere and therapeutic natural artesian hot springs. The Tecopa hot springs are widely considered to be one of the highest quality hot springs in the United States. Approximate Cycling: 122 kilometers (76 miles)
Thursday 2nd: Armogosa – One of the jewels of the southern Death Valley region is the Amargosa River Canyon. Federally designated as a Wild & Scenic River, the Amargosa most certainly lives up to its title. Majestic and imposing cliffs buttress the striking lowlands as the river meanders through badland geology that reveals millions of years of natural history. Home to bobcat, coyote, fox and fowl, the Amargosa is a hiker’s dream. From slot canyons to waterfalls, much of the trail follows the historic Tonopah & Tidewater railroad bed from the Tecopa Post Office deep into Sperry Wash. Approximate Cycling: 47 kilometers (29.1 miles)
After a celebratory dinner, we’ll pack up for our transfer back to Las Vegas for Red Eye Flights or flights to your destination of choice
Please NOTE: Itinerary subject to change – due to any one of a hundred Death Valley variables! Hotel details will be made available to registered riders only
In order to participate in the program, riders must commit to:
- Training prior the ride
- Raising $5,000 for a charity of their choice
- Safety, security and decency guidelines outlined by Cycle for Unity.
- Read about Fund-Racing and special incentives here
- Unless otherwise noted, donations to your charity of choice are not applied to cover program cost or airfare.
Instead of encouraging each rider to raise funds for a predetermined charity, our “Charitable Champions” help shape the program and their own philanthropic destinies by raising money for charities and non-profit organizations that they choose on their own. Allowing our riders to choose the beneficiaries of the charitable work in which they have invested so much of themselves motivates them to succeed at the task at hand and ignites the spark for continued creative and generous giving. Cycle for Unity provides each rider with a robust platform, a personal web page and all the social networking tools they’ll need to launch a successful campaign.
Cycle for Unity aims to train and produce “Charitable Champions,” bolster Jewish unity and promote the culture of Jewish philanthropy.
Cycle for Unity is about promoting the Charity of your Choice to as many people as possible, helping you raise as much money as possible for your cause and important causes across in Israel, the US and across the globe.
Your Target: The purpose of CFU Rides, over and above having the ride of your life and overcoming all kinds of challenges you never thought you could handle, is to raise money for the charity of your choice.
Although the conditions for registration state that each rider must raise a MINIMUM of $3,000 participants in these types of programs can raise much more that that!! We’ll even have recognition awards and gifts for the highest achieving fundraisers!
We expect you to really hit your iPhone (or favorite electronic gadget), and ask people you know, family and friends, anyone you’re related to, do business with, or think might like to help you in your incredible venture in support of a cause you believe in so deeply. Don’t be bashful. Ask your contacts what you think they can afford to give.
How do you begin? Select one of Cycle for Unity’s preferred organizational beneficiary or a choose a charity of your choice. Learn as much as you can about the charity of your choice and the different lives that are improved and changed by their incredible staff. Then think of all the people from all the circles in your life that you want to tell about this cause, Cycle for Unity and your upcoming biking experience.
You will be amazed at the list you can compile if you think about your friends, relatives, neighbors, colleagues, as well as acquaintances from schools, universities, synagogues, health clubs, bike clubs, professional associations and anyone related to your business.
Don’t forget about businesses and corporations that may have funds earmarked for charity and/or public and community relations. Cycle for Unity offers a wonderful public relations opportunities as well
Why should people give? People give to people. The main reason that people will give is because you have asked them to and how you have asked. Don’t let the thought of asking frighten you; just invite everyone you know to share the experience with you.
Remember, donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE to the extent allowed by the laws governing the countries in which donations are made.
Writing letters: The first paragraph of any letter is always what grabs the reader so tell your friends immediately that you are doing this ride because you want to help the charity of your choice.
Timing: We suggest that you contact people as soon as possible.
Thank you’s: Everyone of your sponsors will receive an official thank you and receipt. It is highly recommended to also send your own personal thank you.
Suggested size of donation: Amounts of sponsorships vary widely. Knowing what the donations are used for may help you decide what to ask for.
Write those LETTERS
Make those PHONE CALLS
Keep up your TRAINING
Make a DIFFERENCE!
Prices & Terms
Unless otherwise notes, all Cycle for Unity programs includes premium hotels and accommodations, 3 great meals a day, excellent bikes, guides and group transfers for the duration of the trip. Prices do not include flights, spending money for gifts, tips and snacks or any optional purchases.
Program cost: TBA based on double occupancy (room share)
- $360 non-refundable application fee per person
- The cost is based on double occupancy (room share)
- Single supplement – $500
- 50% deposit upon approval
- Program fee can be wired, paid via check or credit card. A 3% fee will be assessed for payments via credit card
- Balance due 65 days before departure
The $360 application fee (not included in the cost of the program but is applied to the fundraising goal), must be submitted at the time of application through our online registration system. Upon approval to any program, CFU requires a 50% deposit to secure a bike on the program. If the deposit is not paid within two weeks of acceptance, CFU reserves the right to re-assign the bike to another applicant. Please note – the deposit is a portion of the overall program cost and does not represent an additional expense.
75% of the minimum fundraising requirement is due 30 days prior to the start of each ride. Riders will be personally responsible for any outstanding balance towards the minimum fundraising requirement if they have not met this requirement by the deadline. 100% of the minimum fundraising requirement is due by the last day of each ride. Riders who have not raised the fundraising minimum will be personally responsible for any outstanding balance towards the minimum fundraising requirement if they have not met this requirement by the deadline.
Ride Insurance and Pre-Ride Insurance
It is mandatory to purchase a supplemental rescue and evacuation insurance policy. The Number of the policy and the emergency number should be delivered to Cycle for Unity up to 15 days before departure. Cycle For Unity highly recommends that each rider secure cancellation insurance that will cover application and registration fees and other related costs. If you can’t attend a ride for any number of reasons, including training injury, illness, traffic accidents, unforeseen family situations and more, you’ll be reimbursed thorough this insurance according to their terms. Cycle For Unity can not be responsible for cancellations that arise from training injuries and other unfortunate circumstances.
Withdrawals, Refunds & Cancellations
Many of the expenses that Cycle for Unity pays in advance to our vendors are non-refundable. Therefore, we have developed the following refund schedule to help us cover some of those non-refundable expenses should you choose to cancel from the program.
Upon cancellation, please notify our office by phone or email immediately. However, refunds are processed solely upon receipt of WRITTEN NOTIFICATION to Cycle for Unity. To accomplish this, you may send us an email (using the email address we have for you on file) to firstname.lastname@example.org with your official notice of cancellation.
If your written cancellation is received on or before:
- Cancellation Up to: 61 business days before departure will be a charged $250
- Cancellation 60-31 business days before ride date will be charged 50% of the tour costs + $250
- There are no refunds for cancellations made 30 days or less prior to ride date
Also, please remember that once a program begins, there are no refunds upon early termination for any reason from the program. Credit card payments will be refunded less any service fee to recover the percentage retained by the credit card company.
What is NOT included?
Flights to Death Valley
Spending money for shopping
Upgrades: Bike Upgrades, deluxe rooms (when available), and single occupancy are available at an additional price
Gratuities for guides and catering staff
Please Note: Itinerary, prices and fundraising commitment are subject to change with notice due to airline surcharges, weather, unforeseen logistical alterations, large currency fluctuations or pricing alterations made by hotels, bus companies, and/or attractions.
Frequently asked Questions about Cycle For Unity Rides
If you have additional questions, please click here to contact CFU and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
1. Are CFU rides Kosher? Yes, please click here to review CFU Kashrut policy and halachik standards
2. Will there be a minyan? We endeavor to have a minyan on all rides. On all previous rides, there have been minyanim each day. Our minyan and Shabbat observance policy is reflected in our Kashut policy. Please click here to review CFU Kashrut policy and halachik standards.
3. Are contributions to Cycle For Unity tax deductible? Cycle for Unity is considered a charity in the United States and tax exempt under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to Cycle For Unity are deductible under section 170 of the code. If someone needs to make their contribution in shekel, please have them contact email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate their needs.
4. The organization I want to ride for is not listed. What should I do? Please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the process started. We will contact the organization on your behalf. Most organizations will be thrilled that you want to help them out and we will be happy to ad them to CFU list of approved organizations. In the meantime, use CFU’s default Tzedaka Organization register for your ride. Once you register, you will be able to personalize your campaign and write all about the organization you plan to raise funds for and support. All funds raised will be allocated at the end of each ride according to CFU’s Charity of Choice Model
5. How does CFU’s Charity Of Choice or Tzedaka of Choice work? Please review this link that explains CFU’s fund-raising model
6. What happens if I get tired during a ride? CFU’s multi-day rides are fully supported. This means that riders are escorted at all times by a licensed guides and a SAG vehicle. This vehicle will carry supplies, your day bag, extra water snacks, and has room for you and your bike if you get tired or just want a short break to until we get over the next hill.
7. Is my flight included in the program cost? Unless otherwise noted, flights are not included in program costs and registration fees.
8. Can contributions applied my charity be used to cover fees related to registration and program cost? According to IRS rules and guidelines, this is not allowed.
9. I don’t have Pay Pal and my friends do have Pay Pal. How can we register or donate without a pay pal account? Pay Pal is currently our secured credit card processing agent used by over 157 million people world wide. While donors are directed to the Pay Pal portal, they have a choice to pay by check, debit or credit card. The instructions for how to pay/donate without a Pay Pal account are on the same page. Sometimes people miss it, but look again and it is there. It will read: Pay with a debit or credit card. To read more about Pay Pal, click here.
10. I already participate in a charity ride, run, walk or swim. I cant ask my friends and family for money twice! The beauty of CFU is that you wont have to! You can use your ride with CFU to raise funds for the other event that you plan to ride run, etc. for. At the end of your CFU campaign, CFU will send the proceeds of these funds to the organization you select in your name. These funds will be applied to your fundraising quota for that event. In this way, you wont have to raise funds twice. In fact, you’ll probably end up raising more funds for your organization of choice because you’ll have more opportunities to support the organization. With CFU, it’s a WIN-WIN-WIN! Please click here for Fun-Racing Incentives.