ALEH is Israel’s largest network of residential facilities for children with severe physical and cognitive disabilities, providing 650 children from around Israel with high-level medical and rehabilitative care in four residential facilities. ALEH is their home and their family – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
For many children with special needs in Israel, the concept of achieving one’s potential has been absent for their entire lives.
ALEH’s goal is to enable each child, regardless of the severity of the disability, to realize his or her potential and live a quality life on par with the rest of society.
To fulfill this goal, ALEH has several objectives:
ALEH provides these medical, paramedical, nursing, rehabilitation and educational services to some of the most amazing children in Israel, operating the following:
- Provide advanced medical care
- Minimize medical complications and hospitalizations
- Enable each child to communicate with his or her surroundings
- Strengthen muscle control and motor ability
- Improve cognitive levels
- Enhance sensory stimulation
- Provide emotional therapeutic support
- Ensure that each child receives the education they are due
- Provide normative experiences
- Bring fun, love and laughter into each child’s life
To learn more about ALEH, visit their official website.
- Four residential dormitories
- Four special education schools for various age groups
- Centers for young children
- Mobile community clinics
- Centers combining employment and development of life skills
- Camps and clubs, adapted to the pupils’ needs and limitations
- Activities with both disabled and regular groups.