Cycle For Unity
invites you to challenge yourself for the charity of your choice — and we’ll reward you with a complete Italian experience!
Cycle for charity through Italy’s majestic and most beloved historic regions! You choose the cause, we create the experience!
Bike the birthplace of the Renaissance and enjoy the local flavor! During the day enjoy challenging trails through Etruscan villages, medieval towns, and rolling picturesque landscapes. In the evenings, relax and enjoy the elegant kosher delicacies culinary art of Fine Kosher Catering — menus will reflect the local cuisine and will provide our Kosher bikers with a local, authentic, and delicious food experience.
We’ll bike through Tuscany, Chianti, Florence, Pisa, Forte dei Marmi with Shabbat in Lucca.
This tour is designed to be a unique combination of fitness, philanthropy and gastronomic delight – an experience of a lifetime!
Touring with Cycle for Unity furnishes our charitable champions with an unforgettable and stress-free travel experience. CFU provides:
- Premium hotels and accommodations
- World-class cycle selection
- Authentic Tuscan cuisine prepared by renowned local chefs
- Unlimited Italian fine kosher wines
- Expert & knowledgeable tour guides
- Fully supported (escort vehicle and expert mechanics)
- All entrance fees
- Group transfers from Rome/to Pisa
- Complimentary gear (CFU cycling jersey, t-shirt, and sweat band)
This is a signature CFU Biking Adventure! Expertly guided, small groups, great food, premium hotels, and awesome causes.
Level: Active Rider (if you get tired along the way, an escort vehicle is available at all times)
Please Note: Do you have a Non Riding Spouse? Contact CFU for details
Space is limited
Price: Contact email@example.com for cost and availability
Registration Deadline: March 26th at 16:00 EST
Meeting point: Rome Airport Hilton Hotel: Shacharit services and a deluxe kosher breakfast will be available for all riders. We’ll depart together as a group at 10:00am. Please reserve flights that arrive early from NY and TLV early Tuesday morning. If you plan to arrive Monday evening, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to make reservations at the Rome Airport Hilton.
BENVENUTI! Welcome to Chianti – Bike Fitting
After our transfer from Rome, we’ll have a chance to check into our hotels and rest. After a short rest, we’ll meet for bike fittings and a warm up ride around town. Riders will get our first look at the Tuscan valleys and gentle hills cloaked in vines and olives, turreted castles, fortresses, farmhouses and villas. Italian hybrids with excellent components are provided. For your comfort, we recommended only to bring your saddle and pedals.
Wednesday: Chianti Loop Very picturesque ride in the Chianti Classico hills dotted by medieval castles and quaint little villages like Greve, Panzano, Volpaia e Radda. Today’s ride will take us through several famous vineyards that produce world renowned wine. Greve is a little town which is the “capital” of Chianti. We may see the statue of Verrazzano who was Born in Greve. Verrazzano was the famous navigator who was the first European to sight what was to become New York.
Ride details: Moderate to challenging hills: 65 KM (escort vehicle available at all times)
Thursday: Chianti – Florence Easy and moderate rolling hills. Today we will ride to the UNESCO city center of Florence using back-roads, a bike trail with some sections through city traffic. Today’s ride is a bit shorter in order to offer some extra time to explore Florence with its Museums, fancy shops and Palazzi.
Ride details: Easy -MODERATE – approx 40 km (escort vehicle available at all times)
Friday: Florence – Lucca From Florence we will exit the town using a gravel bike trail that runs parallel to the river. We will cross the hills of Carmignano wine production descending down the Padule di Fucecchio valley and passing through Leonardo da Vinci town, then to Altopascio. Altopascio is a small borough known for bread production. We’ll end in the beautiful town of Lucca with its stunning city walls and its elegant center with plenty of time to prepare for Shabbat.
Ride details: 50-80KM moderate to challenging riding (Morning transfer to shorten route available and escort vehicle available at all times)
A guided and/or romantic shabbat stroll in vicinity of villa will be offered. Before the end of Shabbat (for those who are up for it) we’ll walk into Lucca town center for Kosher Gelato and Havdala @ 21.10. No trip would be complete without seeing the leaning tower! – Jewish Pisa will also be featured!
Sunday – Lucca – Pisa – Lucca Very nice and pleasant ride through the Arno Valley and Pisa along back-roads. Before getting to Pisa we’ll visit the village of San Giuliano where there is a spa and a famous source of mineral water.
Ride details: Approximately 60Km Easy to moderate (escort vehicle available at all times)
Monday: Lucca – Forte dei Marmi Spectacular ride on the hills that separate the coast to the Garfagnana mountain district. Beautiful vistas of the countryside with olive groves and fields and the forests of San Rossore and Migliarino. During the ride we will pass the village of Pietrasanta; attended often by artists and sculptor of the famous Carrara Marble. Our destination is the elegant coastal village of Forte dei Marmi, Tuscany’s most elegant seaside resort and a great weekly country textile market. We’ll end the day in time to explore the nearby Cinque Terre in Liguria.
Ride details: Approx 40 km rolling hills (escort vehicle available at all times)
Tuesday Morning – Early departure and group transfer after breakfast to Pisa Airport (PSA)
In order to participate in the program, riders must commit to:
- Training in the months prior the ride
- Raising $3,000 for a charity of their choice (all 501c3 or 46A organizations are eligible to become beneficiaries);
- Safety, security and decency guidelines outlined by Cycle for Unity.
- Read about Fund-Racing and special incentives here
- Unless otherwise noted, donations to your charity of choice are not applied to cover program cost or airfare.
Instead of encouraging each rider to raise funds for a predetermined charity, our “Charitable Champions” help shape the program and their own philanthropic destinies by raising money for charities and non-profit organizations that they choose on their own. Allowing our riders to choose the beneficiaries of the charitable work in which they have invested so much of themselves motivates them to succeed at the task at hand and ignites the spark for continued creative and generous giving. Cycle for Unity provides each rider with a robust platform, a personal web page and all the social networking tools they’ll need to launch a successful campaign.
Cycle for Unity aims to train and produce “Charitable Champions,” bolster Jewish unity and promote the culture of Jewish philanthropy.
Cycle for Unity is about promoting the Charity of your Choice to as many people as possible, helping you raise as much money as possible for your cause and important causes across in Israel, the US and across the globe.
Your Target: The purpose of CFU Rides, over and above having the ride of your life and overcoming all kinds of challenges you never thought you could handle, is to raise money for the charity of your choice.
Although the conditions for registration state that each rider must raise a MINIMUM of $3,000 participants in these types of programs can raise much more that that!! We’ll even have recognition awards and gifts for the highest achieving fundraisers!
We expect you to really hit your iPhone (or favorite electronic gadget), and ask people you know, family and friends, anyone you’re related to, do business with, or think might like to help you in your incredible venture in support of a cause you believe in so deeply. Don’t be bashful. Ask your contacts what you think they can afford to give.
How do you begin? Select one of Cycle for Unity’s preferred organizational beneficiary or a choose a charity of your choice. Learn as much as you can about the charity of your choice and the different lives that are improved and changed by their incredible staff. Then think of all the people from all the circles in your life that you want to tell about this cause, Cycle for Unity and your upcoming biking experience.
You will be amazed at the list you can compile if you think about your friends, relatives, neighbors, colleagues, as well as acquaintances from schools, universities, synagogues, health clubs, bike clubs, professional associations and anyone related to your business.
Don’t forget about businesses and corporations that may have funds earmarked for charity and/or public and community relations. Cycle for Unity offers a wonderful public relations opportunities as well
Why should people give? People give to people. The main reason that people will give is because you have asked them to and how you have asked. Don’t let the thought of asking frighten you; just invite everyone you know to share the experience with you.
Remember, donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE to the extent allowed by the laws governing the countries in which donations are made.
Writing letters: The first paragraph of any letter is always what grabs the reader so tell your friends immediately that you are doing this ride because you want to help the charity of your choice.
Timing: We suggest that you contact people as soon as possible.
Thank you’s: Everyone of your sponsors will receive an official thank you and receipt. It is highly recommended to also send your own personal thank you.
Suggested size of donation: Amounts of sponsorships vary widely. Knowing what the donations are used for may help you decide what to ask for.
Write those LETTERS
Make those PHONE CALLS
Keep up your TRAINING
Make a DIFFERENCE!
Prices & Terms
Unless otherwise notes, all Cycle for Unity programs includes premium hotels and accommodations, 3 great meals a day, excellent bikes, guides and group transfers for the duration of the trip. Prices do not include flights, spending money for gifts, tips and snacks or any optional purchases. Please note that amounts that you raise for your charity can not be applied to cover program cost, airfare or any other portion of program.
Program cost: Contact email@example.com for cost and availability
- $360 non-refundable application fee per person
- The cost is based on double occupancy (room share)
- Single supplement- 750€
- 50% deposit upon approval
- Program fee can be wired, paid via check or credit card. A 3% fee will be assessed for payments via credit card
- Balance due 45 days before departure
The $360 application fee (not included in the cost of the program but is applied to the fundraising goal), must be submitted at the time of application through our online registration system. Upon approval to any program, CFU requires a 50% deposit to secure a bike on the program. If the deposit is not paid within two weeks of acceptance, CFU reserves the right to re-assign the bike to another applicant. Please note – the deposit is a portion of the overall program cost and does not represent an additional expense.
75% of the minimum fundraising requirement is due 30 days prior to the start of each ride. Riders will be personally responsible for any outstanding balance towards the minimum fundraising requirement if they have not met this requirement by the deadline. 100% of the minimum fundraising requirement is due by the last day of each ride. Riders who have not raised the fundraising minimum will be personally responsible for any outstanding balance towards the minimum fundraising requirement if they have not met this requirement by the deadline.
Ride Insurance and Pre-Ride Insurance
It is mandatory to purchase a supplemental rescue and evacuation insurance policy. The Number of the policy and the emergency number should be delivered to Cycle for Unity up to 15 days before departure. Cycle For Unity highly recommends that each rider secure cancellation insurance that will cover application and registration fees and other related costs. If you can’t attend a ride for any number of reasons, including training injury, illness, traffic accidents, unforeseen family situations and more, you’ll be reimbursed thorough this insurance according to their terms. Cycle For Unity can not be responsible for cancellations that arise from training injuries and other unfortunate circumstances.
Withdrawals, Refunds & Cancellations
Many of the expenses that Cycle for Unity pays in advance to our vendors are non-refundable. Therefore, we have developed the following refund schedule to help us cover some of those non-refundable expenses should you choose to cancel from the program.
Upon cancellation, please notify our office by phone or email immediately. However, refunds are processed solely upon receipt of WRITTEN NOTIFICATION to Cycle for Unity. To accomplish this, you may send us an email (using the email address we have for you on file) to firstname.lastname@example.org with your official notice of cancellation.
If your written cancellation is received on or before:
- Cancellation Up to: 45 business days before departure there will be a charge of 200€ PP
- From 44-30 business days before departure 30% of the tour costs + 250€
- From 29-15 business days before departure 50% of the tour costs + 250€
- From 14-7 business days before departure 75% of the tour costs + 350€
- 6 business days before departure, 100% of the tour costs.
For people with serious and unexpected medical emergencies, please contact CFU immediately. Also, please remember that once a program begins, there are no refunds upon early termination for any reason from the program. Credit card payments will be refunded less any service fee to recover the percentage retained by the credit card company.
What is NOT included?
Flights to Rome
Spending money for shopping
Upgrades: deluxe rooms (when available), and single occupancy are available at an additional price
Important suggestion: We strongly recommend that you arrive to Rome the day before the tour and stay at the Hilton Hotel inside Rome’s Fiumicino airport. The hotel offers free shuttle bus service to and from the city center where there are several kosher restaurants. This will help you recover from the journey and avoid any risk of your missing the start of the tour. Unfortunately, we cannot wait for late arrivals, as it is unfair to other riders. The cost of “catching up” to the group by taxi/plane is MUCH greater than the cost of a night at the hotel!! Contact email@example.com to reserve your room. There will be a minyan and kosher breakfast available prior to the group transfer.
Please Note: Itinerary, prices and fundraising commitment are subject to change with notice due to airline surcharges, weather, unforeseen logistical alterations, large currency fluctuations or pricing alterations made by hotels, bus companies, and/or attractions.
Frequently asked Questions about Cycle For Unity Rides
If you have additional questions, please click here to contact CFU and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
1. Are CFU rides Kosher? Yes, please click here to review CFU Kashrut policy and halachik standards
2. Will there be a minyan? We endeavor to have a minyan on all rides. On all previous rides, there have been minyanim each day. Our minyan and Shabbat observance policy is reflected in our Kashut policy. Please click here to review CFU Kashrut policy and halachik standards.
3. Are contributions to Cycle For Unity tax deductible? Cycle for Unity is considered a charity in the United States and tax exempt under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to Cycle For Unity are deductible under section 170 of the code. If someone needs to make their contribution in shekel, please have them contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate their needs.
4. The organization I want to ride for is not listed. What should I do? Please send us an e-mail to email@example.com to get the process started. We will contact the organization on your behalf. Most organizations will be thrilled that you want to help them out and we will be happy to ad them to CFU list of approved organizations. In the meantime, use CFU’s default Tzedaka Organization register for your ride. Once you register, you will be able to personalize your campaign and write all about the organization you plan to raise funds for and support. All funds raised will be allocated at the end of each ride according to CFU’s Charity of Choice Model
5. How does CFU’s Charity Of Choice or Tzedaka of Choice work? Please review this link that explains CFU’s fund-raising model
6. What happens if I get tired during a ride? CFU’s multi-day rides are fully supported. This means that riders are escorted at all times by a licensed guides and a SAG vehicle. This vehicle will carry supplies, your day bag, extra water snacks, and has room for you and your bike if you get tired or just want a short break to until we get over the next hill.
7. Is my flight included in the program cost? Unless otherwise noted, flights are not included in program costs and registration fees.
8. Can contributions applied my charity be used to cover fees related to registration and program cost? According to IRS rules and guidelines, this is not allowed.
9. I don’t have Pay Pal and my friends do have Pay Pal. How can we register or donate without a pay pal account? Pay Pal is currently our secured credit card processing agent used by over 157 million people world wide. While donors are directed to the Pay Pal portal, they have a choice to pay by check, debit or credit card. The instructions for how to pay/donate without a Pay Pal account are on the same page. Sometimes people miss it, but look again and it is there. It will read: Pay with a debit or credit card. To read more about Pay Pal, click here.
10. I already participate in a charity ride, run, walk or swim. I cant ask my friends and family for money twice! The beauty of CFU is that you wont have to! You can use your ride with CFU to raise funds for the other event that you plan to ride run, etc. for. At the end of your CFU campaign, CFU will send the proceeds of these funds to the organization you select in your name. These funds will be applied to your fundraising quota for that event. In this way, you wont have to raise funds twice. In fact, you’ll probably end up raising more funds for your organization of choice because you’ll have more opportunities to support the organization. With CFU, it’s a WIN-WIN-WIN! Please click here for Fun-Racing Incentives.
11. What is Agrotourism?